Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Haas Alarm Question

Brad MacKinnon

I was doing a simple interpoltion of a hole with a .5" carbide EM in mild steel ( I wasnt working the machine hard at all) but after a fair amount of parts I noticed the spindle load was creeping over 50% so when it finished the hole it was in I stopped the machine turned the coolant off and the spindle to take a look at my tool. This is when I realized this one is done time to reset and put a new one in. When i went to reset I had 2 alarms. One saying the servo's are off .. blah blah blah (#102) and the second saying Z axis fault, there is a shot in the servo or in the motor or a short in the servo ground (#163)

I powered down and restarted with no progress. I then let the machine sit for about 45 mins and got the same result. It is a Haas VF-OE VMC. I called Haas tech support, but they never get back to you for about a week, Im just wondering if any of you guys ever came across something like this before.

yeah my switch sometimes likes to work itself lose and that is the other problem Im having ... the head is stuck down so far that I cannot remove the cover to see if that is what the problem is. Cause Ive had that happen to me once before and thought some good 3M tape would hold it ... guess I should of just stuck with good ol Duct Tape.

And thanks Race ... I did put a post up on thier site as well

yeah I ended up jacking the head up to remove the cover so I could find out the problem. I had our electrican look at it and the main 12V DC power supply for all axises was not giving any reading at all. So now Im waiting on that to come in and go from there.

My model of Haas has a gas powered counter balance so it was easy to lift the head with no tension or strain on anything, I probably could of done it by hand.