Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis A output

mayday

So much for WCS systems rolleyes.gif

figured out what was wrong. I initally had the part in a vice opp. when I created a WCS for the index opp MC is lost in space. I saved the file and reoriented the part for the indexer and now it outputs the A moves

Come on CNC mad.gif

WTF ? I thought this was all fixed now. wasnt that the big tado for X. you cant have a vice opp and an index opp all in the same file I guess

that blows

I have a lot of files that require an initial first opp and secondary 4 or 5 axis opp. cant mix n match

I mix & match all the time. 3 ops, 3 machines, no big deal. I do it all with WCS. Things to check: do all the ops reference correct WCS and T/C planes? Is the machine definition right? Are your T/C planes oriented correctly with respect to the WCS you want to use?

Hey Guys,

You can also load multiple Machine groups and have different settings for each Machine group. So potentially you could write a program to rough out a part on one machine, write a finish program for another mill, and even write a lathe toolpath to do a big bore if necessary, all in one part file. Also, when doing rotary axis programming, use WCS instead of T/C Plane. You will like the results much better. Remember that you can import Views into the View manager as well. One of the things I do for A axis programming is create a "seed" model with The common planes I want: 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315, and 360 degrees. All created by rotating my WCS (top initially) by 45 degrees about the X axis. Then I save the model as A Axis Views. When I want to machine a new 4th Axis job I open the view manager, right click and select import. I browse to the location of my seed model and import the view. And just like that I have 8 new planes, rotated by 45 degree increments about the A axis. They all come in with their names as well. If you want to program a vise job with no A axis code output, then load a machine group with a properly configured machine ( i.e. copy your 4 axis machine definition, remove the rotary A axis and the fixture/holder component, go into Axis Combinations and update. Now save the new machine def. with a new name).

Hope that helps,

Colin