Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OPs Dirty upon file open

I get this too. It happens after I translate a stl from the previous operation. After the stl is translated I get a "use stock extents" note but when I change the stock in the preset file I get the same alarm. I reopen the mcx file and all my operations are dirty and all my undefined tools have lost their filepaths.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also get this problem constantly. Please submit to [email protected]. At some point they will find the pattern and get this fixed. They must know that this is not an isolated issue.

This is a major issue for me. What I am trying now is to just lock the op and then hope is posts correctly. This problem really adds time if you have to regen and re-check everytime this happens. It happens to me when only running one instance. It also happens to everyone I know.

Mike

I’ve suspected for a while that this is not a parameter that is being changed but an associative link to geometry that is either being permanently broken or disturbed enough for the operations to be regenerated. headscratch.gif

I wish I knew more of the ins and outs of how it is all working. From all the time that this has happened to me this is the most accurate finger I can point at the cultrate.

I've got less hair because of it.

I found out about it this morning when I went to re-post for a compare (no changes made to geometry or tool paths, and all were locked), and my NC file was 0 kb.

I looked into it and found ALL my ops dirty, which I didn't know because with the ops locked, it didn't show the dirty X.

I lock all my ops because I often use edit toolpaths to optimze for cycle time, and if I regen, I lose edits. So I lock them and can regen all without messing with the ones I don't want changed. Theoretically, my locked ops should never need to be regened. 'Till now that is........... curse.gif

Today I experienced this for the first time. I created a new toolpath group and drilled some holes. Then I tried to change a toolpath in the first toolpath group. The toolpath would not regenerate. I closed the file and reopen it. All of the toolpath in the first toolpath group was dirty.

This is the first time that I have worked with more than one toolpath group and the first time that all of the toolpaths have been dirty.

Could more than one toolpath group be causing the problem?

headscratch.gif

I have many, many, many files with more than 1 machine group in them. I can't say that is part of the culprit. I find it happens many more times on files that use solids as toolpaths. I don't think I've seen one with only lines and arcs go bad.

I had worked on the file on and off for 3 days with no problems until I created the new toolpath group. The part does use a solid for drilling, but I had the solid drill to create points so I can make changes as needed. All of the other toolpaths are from the wireframe. The solid is from Pro-E. The toolpath that I could not regenerate was a contour of the wireframe.

Ray,

I have more "before and after" files that I will send in very soon.

Have you found anything in the ones that I have already sent in?

This is going to be a very hard issue to re-create as it seems like you have to actually program for a while for it to happen. It is like it must build up ??

Thanks,

Mike

Ray,

I'd love to help out (and will in future if it occurs again), but I couldn't afford to regen because of the risk of losing my toolpath edits, so I just restored a previous version (via our network's restore software)so I could keep working.

The only thing I can think of that I did yesterday to this file (it was dirty first thing this morning) was added a manual entry macro - which I've done before without this problem -, AND ran 2 instances of MC - which I haven't done since upgrading to MR2.

I will turn on the "backup files" utility.

Hey Ray,

The picture in your profile, that's not a family member is it? biggrin.gif

You asked for a crime scene and that's what your getting. Pre and post Ops going bad complete with screen shoots. Lou Reed, eat your heart out.

In a nut shell I'm working along I go to post code for a half dozen operations. The editor pops up with a blank screen. Kinda like my kids when they're not totally getting what I'm saying. Anyway I save the MCX file and then try to post again. Same blank screen! banghead.gif

Proceed to collect said screen shots and shutting down / restarting the said MXC file, regenerating all the ops. Which now of course are occuping 0.0k of memory. Regen works this time for me and I'm on my merry way. tongue.gif

I can explain further, but it would be best if anyone is interested to take a look at the files on the FTP. "OPs Dirty.ZIP"

I think this paticular problem does several different things depending on..... ??

What has been happening to me is that I lock the operation immediatly. I then forget about it. I always notice it go dirty and then they go clean ?? sometimes when I run Ram Saver the op becomes clean also. I absolutley do not have any more time to regen when they go dirty.

I have heard many people have the Zero file/op size but it has only happened to me once.

Mike

It just happened to me again while I was running two sessions. After I shut the file down and restated the MCX file and regened there were additional toolpaths showing that were from the other session that was running when everything went haywire.

confused.gif

At this point I rebooted and tried the same over again with the same result. Now I'm really confused.

I've forwarded the files off to QC and Ray@CNC.