Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OPs Dirty upon file open

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, open a file, most ops gone dirty, this one is going to take hours to regen.

I figure great, I'll grab a back up and send them along to CNC, I open ALL 3 backups, they are all dirty as well.

I just don't get this.

quote:

I figure great, I'll grab a back up and send them along to CNC, I open ALL 3 backups, they are all dirty as well.

exactly. I can't get them a file either. but this is becoming unbearable. Big job in the machine last week. the operator tells me we need to change something and repost. I call up the file--everthing dirty. it took 4 hours to get it regenerated while the block is getting cold and the job is getting hot.

This time I had multiple sessions(3) in previous occurances though this has not always been the issue.

I did email QC and offered my files, I don't know if they will help or not.

quote:

I did email QC

I thought you were QC biggrin.gif

everytime I had a problem.. you fixed it.

Guess I was mistaken headscratch.gifbiggrin.gif

No seriously sorry to hear about you guys that have had these problems and the amount of time and effort that went down the crapper with all the drawings you have made and lost. I guess backing up your files is one thing, its when you cant go back to the backup file is when it really seems scary.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem start yesterday after I added chains to an existing solid operation. I regened the single operation only. Each time I reopened the file all toolpaths were dirty. This morning I regened "all" in the solids manager and so far no dirty ops when I open file.

I had a problem with a file after I edited two ops. If I regened only the two ops everything was ok. If I regened all the ops several changes throughout the .nc file occurred. My machine/control defs are older than the original file. headscratch.gif I then brought up a backup .MCX file and posted the same way with the file unmodified and got the same results. Files were sent to QC. Anyone having this problem?

I had a simple job I was working on today that needed some "extra" work done to it. So I wouldn't booger up the original file, I did a "save as" to another folder with another name and then deleted all of the existing programs to rid the clutter. I created some simple ruled surfaces and did a surface-rough-pocket and a couple 2D contours. Very basic stuff. When I went to generate some 2D pockets, nothing happened. Backplot showed nothing. I restarted MC. When I opened the file back up, it had a combination of toolpaths from my original file and the "save as" file. headscratch.gif Also, some of my new toolpaths were gone. I opened my backup file and it was identical. I opened the original file and it was also the same. Now I have 3 copies of the same garbage file in 3 different locations named 3 different things. bonk.gif

Thad

I'd be interested to know how many people are saving their files to a mapped network drive, rather than saving their files to local local hard disk? I am trying to get to the bottom of a similar (but not identical) problem for a customer of ours.

Thinking out loud here - have you got regen files (*.RGN) in the C:MCAMX-MR2REGEN directory?

I'm wondering if Mcam reads the regen file (if there is one) when opening up an MCX part file. If the regen file is corrupt then perhaps this could explain the problem. If you have a regen file whose name matches the corrupt part file, try deleting it, restarting Mastercam and seeing if the MCX comes in any different to before.

quote:

I'd be interested to know how many people are saving their files to a mapped network drive, rather than saving their files to local local hard disk? I am trying to get to the bottom of a similar (but not identical) problem for a customer of ours.

Local drive.

quote:

I had this problem start yesterday after I added chains to an existing solid operation. I regened the single operation only. Each time I reopened the file all toolpaths were dirty. This morning I regened "all" in the solids manager and so far no dirty ops when I open file.

Welcome to the forum, Sonny. This is exactly the same problem I'm having. It seems like there are several different or unrelated problems being discussed on this thread.

quote:

Local