Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OPs Dirty upon file open

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This problem is a pain in the arse. mad.gif

I have a job with 300 5axis and surfaceing paths. For no particular reason it refuses to backplot ops and needs to be closed. Everything is dirty when I reopen it. It takes nearly 2 hours to regen everything and I have done it twice this morning. already. firebounce.giffirebounce.giffirebounce.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

I can't even leave it and walk away because I need to keep hitting enter on all the BS warnings that pop up during regen.

Bruce

Bruce,

quote:

I need to keep hitting enter on all the BS warnings that pop up during regen.

What is the exact wording of these BS warning messages? Does it have anything to do with the Check surface and Drive surface stock to leave values? I know it'd be great to not have to regen everything but if it has to be regened, at least not having to hit Enter all the time may help somewhat. HTH cheers.gif

Bruce,

The PC that I was having the simalar issues with was a Win 2000 machine. I rebuilt the machine with XP sp2 about a month or so ago.......guess what no more problems. One of my coworkers that is is using the identical machine but still with Win2000......still has issues with sim dissconnects and toolpath corruption.

quote:

I never have this problem.......I use the padlock when I get a good verify on my toolpath.

Who cares if the toolpath is associative after it has been proved?

Lock em down people....that's what it's for.....

There have been some that have found that locking toolpaths have not prevented the path from going dirty and losing information like important associtive chains that are needed to have a postable operation.

I don't consider this as an occasional annoyance that can be worked around in all cases by locking toolpaths. This for some is a partial if not complete obliteration of work done.

I notice a this has been a running problem in X with very little said from CNC. That is whether the problem ahs been acknowledged, identified and in progress of being resolved.

Does silence mean that know one has the foggiest clue of what is causing the problem? Is the closest acknowledgement to that there is a problem been the backup feature that came out in MR2 (Kudos to the people that brought that forward, good feature regardless)?

headscratch.gif

Mike,

quote:

I am always afraid that something will post wrong and scrap a very expensive workpiece. I am just trying to get by until they find a fix.

All users are in the same boat. There seems to be variations to this very similar problem and that of course contributes to identifing, resloving and of course establishing a one shot work around till CNC resolves this/these issues. This is a real head banger for sure.

What can you do:

[*]What version are you using X MR2?

[*]Use one session only will help (this works to reslove the problem for some but seems to not for others)

[*]Use backup utility supplied in MR2

[*]You active auto save regardless of how diligent you may be with your saves.

[*]Locking or not locking toolpaths???? Diligence in the above mention backup and auto save will work regardless of locking or not.

[*]When an instance happens bundle it up and send it off to CNC so that you aid in resloving the issue.