Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chuck open

lowboy

I am having a problem with an old CNC lathe with a Fanuc 6TB control.The problem is when I open the collet for the bar feeder, the control halts and will not execute the program any further.(the cycle will not execute with the chuck open)

Is there an interlock via through the parameters, or is hard wiriing a by pass the only way?

Thanks in advance

I would think all you need is to run the bar feeder with the chuck closed. The sub routine in the bar feeder bar feed program should open the chuck at the apropriate time.

Test run it without a bar just to make sure nothing gets forced.

Yes, I am going into G98, but it juts sits there.

The control is so old we had to hard wire a jummper back in the late 70's to get it to work and I have lost my notes on this and was woundering if anybody here could help me out.

Thanks