Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool library default will not stick

Chipmakr

Ever since I installed MR2 my tool library defaults will not stick. I have changed them in the config file, in the machine def, and in the machine group properties, NO luck.

I had Jimmy Wakeford watch me change them on my PC via the internet, and watch them not stick as well.

We have another pc running MR2 and it works fine.

I copied the config file from that PC over to mine. Everything else changed , but the tool library still reverted back to the MR2 folder.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe chipmaker's dealer needs a raise smile.gif

We did check for some common problems:

1. Loose nut behind keyboard

2. Short btween keyboard n mouse

3. one D ten T error

,but all those checked out.

We have went in and changed the default tool library everywhere you can, checked permissions on the files to make sure they were'nt read-only, copied lucky's config files onto chipmaker's ..... everything short of exorcism on the pc. And still when you fire Mcamx up it goes right back to what it was.

I have decided thaqt it has to be something very simple that we are just overlooking at this point, just no idea of what it could be.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

OK, here's how I got it to stick on my system.

Go into Machine type/Machine definition/General machine parameters-tool/material libraries. click on tool libraries and direct it to the correct folder.

That one took me awhile to figure out.

Save that Machien Definition and you should be fine. that overides the sytem defualts.