Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Project

RACINGCONVERTERS

I have been working on a project for about six months off and on. The drawing is finally finished and I am starting to put toolpath on it but I am not positive on the best way to cut the part. It will require turning and mill (3 and 5 axis) work to be done. The biggest problem that I am having is that i did it in solids, and do not have a clue how to cut them. So I guess that i am asking for insite on how to do so? Next biggest problem is the part proprietary and I can not just put it on the ftp. Can anyone one help?? rtfaq.gif

If Making it a solid was the way to go for designing it and you do not wish to machine it as a solid just create surfaces from the solid on another level. You can create curves all edges of the solid also to help in some 2D or 3D tpaths.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

Or you could hire a contractor to come in and program it for you depedning on your need to get it done and going. If you got the time to take and be trained then you got it licked. Like suggested if you can get your dealer to come in and pay him to train and help you on this part that is well worth the money IMHO.