Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CYCLE TIME

MCFELIX

Hello everyone

does anyone have suggestion on how to calculate the travel of the tool in the part .example

i using a excel sheet to doing my time study i put my feed and speed ipm and others also i need put the amount need cut travel for the tool to calculate the time but my toolpaht have helix entry remachining the corner and other rare moves

thanks in advance

MCFELIX,

You should see about investing in Cimco Edit V5. The Toolpath Statistics part of the NC Utilities really gives an accurate runtime with the total inches in feed and rapid travel. It works with any NC code file so you could use it with the code generated from V9. This would be an alternative if they weren't interested in updating your V9 to Mcam X. If the company is interested, they should do it soon as X2 is coming. The penalty fee for updating will increase after its release. HTH cheers.gif

in V9.1 try this on operation manager right click go to options / setup sheet and it will give you some thing like

------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

TOOL FEED CUT LENGTH = 22.44

TOOL RAPID TRAVERSE LENGTH = 38.5277

TOOL TIME = 1 MINUTE, 23.82 SECONDS

got this info out of one toolpath only

good luck