Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify stock file changing

Zoober

Is anyone else having problems with their verify stock file (.stl) reverting to a certain file?

I have a file that I'm working on that I saved as a different file from a previous op. Now, when I work on the new file, every time I open it, my verify stock reverts back to the original file's .stl file.

Can I be doing sumfing wrong??

I've been fighting this also,

Seems to revert back to default directory everytime.

Also, have any of you been playing with custom tool graphics?

It also always wants to revert back to the default directory.....(Everytime you open a file, you have to re-associate the custom tool mcx files back into the the tool definition.)

Zoober,

I have not tested this, but I believe that your problem has been addressed in X2.

quote:

With the increasing use of STL models as stock for Verify we have modified the part file to store the last STL file and its path. Now as MCX files that contain different stock models for verify are loaded the wrong stock won’t be loaded.

Yes, it is a problem.

The first stl file I opened was it D:mcam9data and it goes there every time to look for stl stock files.

It also does not remember the stock stl file name after I close it down.

Then the next time I go to this file I have to reselect the MCAMXdata directory and reselect the file again.

I hope some of the good guys (stroke, stroke) at CNC software chime in on this one!.

Doug