Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G40 and G43

Salem,

I am not trying to be a jerk, you are a little difficult to understand at times. I understand english is not your first language so please bear with me.

If I understand you correctly,

Meta-cut like other verification utilites do not automatically inherit the tool library properties of the programs. They can be run with any CAM system so they do not speak directly to any one system.

You must build your library within the program itself.

Salem, the nc code is just that. Code, it is toolpath centerline.

A G40 or G43 has nothing to do with the posted code,

they are only coommands for your machine.

If you launch metacut from within MC, all your tools will be defined automatically.

Hope this is what your looking for.

PEACE biggrin.gif

If you are using a mpmaster based post from the last 5 years or so there is a switch in the header of the post for Meta Cut View. This would give the posted code the Metacut tool information defined in Mastercam. The C-Hook is using the NCI file if I'm not mistaken and the verification from that would be comparable to what is in Mastercam now.

Allan

Thank you guys for help

Sorry but I'm still have a hard time to understand this

Assume that I have ready library in my machine memory and I want to call the tools from the library - by M06 - (for every tool there is a different reference point) shall the computer will define that by taking the info. from the library?

(The problem when the spindle taking the tool is the distance between the reference point and target point)

Thank for your cooperation the problem is that I’ve never been behind a CNC machine

The tools loaded into your machine and the "length" offsets will have no effect on the metacut simulation. Most cnc simulators that run on a PC shouls assume tool lenght and not expect this information from the machine control. You should only need the set the metacut information to how far the tool is extended on of the tool holder and the actual tool dia that you are using.