Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Computer issue

Reverend Turk

I have a crappy little HP that the government gave me that says it is an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.19 GHz 1.00 GB Ram

What is the one thing that I could request that would make this run much more efficient when usinf MCX...would it be a vid card and if so...what card?

I love to desing and program but I am no means a computer guy....so be easy and take it slow (same thing I said to my roommmate in prison the first time) eek.gif

A very nice card indeed.

The one silly thing, I think at least, is you have to use older drivers.

This appears to be one case where using the latest drivers is NOT the best advice.

quote:

The one silly thing, I think at least, is you have to use older drivers.

I have a 1400 and i am finding it to be really laggy all week, I think the IT guy may have updated my drivers when I was on vacation, what drivers you running John, and did you get them off the nvidea site?

:EDIT: Just found the info in another thread 77.56 is this right?