Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

90 degree inside turns

faden

we are useing x mr2 version of master cam the problem we have is making what i call a 90 degree inside turn is there any way to tell the tool to slow down when going in to a turn like this we have tried the arc speed but for some reason it will not see a inside turn as an arc it works fine when going around the outside of a turn i have looked thru all the post and can not find any help there. banghead.gif

the problem is tool brakeage we need to slow down when going into the corner the tool path editor would be good except for the time involved in editing that many passes we are unable to add a chamfer to the part i will try and put the part in the web site folder and see if some one can find a way to solve this proble for us will be calling it inside cornner

Faden, see mcxbottom cap1. this prolly won't help but I added a .5 bottom up roughing pass to keep the 5/16 from a full rad cut in the inside corners. I think thats where the problem is. It added 10 min. to the cycle time but if it saves a broken tool... IF it don't work you don't have to pay

idea.gif

I could never quite figure out the high feed function to my liking and/or trusting, but I would pre-drill the corners (agood idea in certain cases, but not all), and I would increase the size of the radius for the tool to roll around the corner (as machtek mentioned). I have no ftp access, and I no longer have mastercam, so I don't know what your part looks like.

tried all the sugestion already i was hoping some might have come up with something that we ahve not tried yet the high speed would work if it would follow the contour as it went down and it rools out where it is needed to run stright for some reason when you tell it to slow down in arc feeds it does not read the inside turns no matter how big i make the rad.