Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Charmilles 240cc post

aj belan

14_6_1.gifFrom the forum guidelines

Q. Does anyone have a post for a [insert machine or control name here]?

A. Ask this question as your first message here and you won't necessarily like the responses you receive. Look to your reseller to supply you with the proper post for your machine, or quote for the work that needs to be done.

If you have something and are looking for improvements, it's a reasonable request. Maybe tell us why the post you have needs improvement.

Perhaps try to participate a bit on the Forum before you go asking for something. Not unlike Habitat for Humanity, we value Sweat Equity here. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

You may also want to let everyone know your company name so that your Hotmail or Yahoo email account doesn't give everyone the impression that you aren't a licensed Mastercam user.

I have been a MC user since ver 2.4 and that's my real name so no need to to add a company tag. And I have PO's to prove every update is on the up & up. I have been to my reseller 3 times and got the same run around. I put out a generic question for a generic answer. And your a prime example why I stay away from posting.

quote:

And your a prime example why I stay away from posting.

Come on, is that really a fair comment ???

Youve been here way longer and still have the nerve to ask

for a post and ,then proceed to insult someone.

Are you gonna tell me youve never seen where these requests go ??

quote:

And I have PO's to prove every update is on the up & up.

So this gives you the right to ask for a hand out ??

All these guys will bend over backwards to help you tweak

your post, tossing blast will get ya nowhere.

Legal or not.

PEACE biggrin.gif

aj belan,

There are 3 posts for a Charmilles machine in Mcam X that should be installed from the software disk. If those posts aren't available on the disk, they are available from a separate post installation file that your reseller should have. If you already have a working post in V9 for that machine, it can be updated using the "UpdatePost.dll" C-hook in Mcam X.

If none of these suggestions help, ask us what you need the output to look like from the code that is generated from a post that provides you something close to your desired output. The Charmilles posts that come with the software should give you something that can be used in your machine, if not the exact output you're looking for.

Simply asking for something that someone else may have spent the time and effort to tweak for their desired output is not the recommended course of action. It assumes you aren't willing to put forth the effort yourself in tweaking the post you have. Asking for help to tweak your existing post will net you much more favorable responses on this forum. HTH cheers.gif

BTW, Welcome to the forum. I know you've been registered here for longer than I have, but your post count still shows you're a new member.

I didn't start out to rub anyone the wrong way nor want to impose on the hard work of another. I was looking for someone with the same machine to ask some questions. And yes I put dowm post not machine. I have no problem admitting fault or begging forgiveness when I screw-up. As you can see from the reply to Lars where the question was going. Instead Everyone ASSUMEed here's another freeloader and jumped all over my back. Have admit my topic line is a thin argument.

Peter, thank you that's all I was looking for just a point in the right direction.