Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

faster processing

wildpair

the dell is a 1g ram pen D 2.8 ghz with a ati radeon x300. as far as the tools paths that i am using it does's it in both parallel rough and finish. i am using gouge check and gap setting are set at 300% for roughing.one problem that i think i have is that we cut surface's that have been translated from other cad files and alot of times we get alot of crappy surfaces i dont know if is may have something to do with it or not. i have to leave some file running over night just to be able to post the next day.

I have problems with files from PowerShape, which is a DelCam product. I usually get surfaces with internal sharp corners and other such problems. I have to read them into UG and then export them as Parasolids to get them to read in better. Still have problems with them. Toolpath that should take 20 minuts run 3 hours. Sometimes cannot even get leftover toolpaths to procces. Just have to fix as many problem surfaces as possible.

I also have files with large numbers of surfaces. This is why I read them into UG first. Without UG have 200 to 300 surface problems. After UG I get them down to less then 50.

i will try the gouge check to see if that helps any i have tried repair and replace but it dont help any if anything it makes it worse because of all the little small surfaces and you cant find or see. thank all of you for your help the one good thing about this problem is that i cant do much while i am generateing code lol.

i will have to talk with our I.T. guy and find out about upgrading to a duel processor.bogusmill alot of my files are coming from catia and pro e. they come in as a step files. most of the time they look ok but many times they are crap. pro e seems to be the worse. we have been using pro e as a translator for our step files. the job i have now is taking at least 1 hr or alittle longer to process the surfaces.

When i bring a model in , i always analyse small surfaces less then .02mm change to a different colour, then move them to a different level, then just turn the level on with small surfs look at them if they are all small surfaces delete them.

This cures 90 % of my generating problems...