Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Origin line extends

Does anyone else see this

ORIGIN.png

Notice the blue line, that is my Z WCS marker. When this happens I have to close and restart, info will all show correct, WCS, planes, depths but trying to work on any geometry and it can't be done, things won't trim, different planes appear to be in use from point to to point. I can not recreate reliably but it happens occasionally. I used to chalk this up to a video problem with the Ati card but it still happens.

Anyone else???

Previously no, I don't "think" this has happened on the work system, only at home, so I thought video issue perhaps. Now with the new card installed it is still happening, so that has been ruled out.

I am curious if anyone else has seen this.

In the mean time I'll drop them an email about it.

John,

We see system instablilty like this quite often here at work. Try running RAM Saver when you encounter the problem. If that doesn't fix it then you will have to restart Mastercam. That is our basic test to see if there is really a bug or not. If the problem still appears after a restart of Mastercam then you know its repeatable.

CNC Software is still fairly new to the Windows world. We have noticed some problems with the "Standard Selection" feature in Mastercam. Some of our programmers will be tooling right along in Mastercam and then all of a sudden none of the entities on the screen will auto-highlight. The solution is almost always to restart Mastercam. I have also seen RAM saver fix some of the problems. I tell all of our programmers to save and restart Mastercam about once an hour. Its a small price to pay for the system stability you gain.

HTH,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

MR2 and Beta test site