Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dangerous X

andy007

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardmill and Storkman.. in your states tippin a cow would mean giving them change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused on this one ole buddy. What do you suppose these plowboys are payin cows for??????????

from what I heard its to have a good time with your local gals! wink.gif

fat_lady.jpg

HI!!!!!!!!!!!

How ya doing guys!!!!!!!!

someone call me or are ya just trying to get some attention in the airport?

anywho

...hey nice welcome guys ....(pretty pathetic really) first post and you rake him over the coals...gotta like that ...im sure he will carry his scars forever and recommend to his fellow collegues that its a little "clicky"

in here and dont bother cause they'll just comment on how dum you are no matter how much experience you have or what degrees ya got....Just so long as your "qualified"

Hint

Get over yourselves....most the ppl working with either X or 9...and i have even seen some 7s and 8s in here are in the postition now ..."Because they are qualified!"...and they are doing the best that they can with what they got.....most shops cant afford to send their top ppl out the door for a week or so for training right away cause they have deliveries and customers to keep happy.

So the guy gets a little jittery from a program that doesnt come out right when he posts it ....you can be diplomatic about it and BS him with the (Certian criteria must be met) line and let him go his way

By the way

"Welcome to the Forum"

Good upbeat post Jack Neelands smile.gif

I'd also like to say hi and welcome Andy007 if you're even looking anymore.

And thank you guys for posting the info about the settings to make the selected ops post without having to jump through hoops. I had been habitually renaming and renumbering my operation groups immediately before posting to make sure no ops got dropped.

I have felt from time to time that Mastercam was set to punish the programmer for missing any small detail. Some small things, like having coolant always on unless specifically cancelled, having depth cuts on by default and having all checked operations post by default when told to post would have saved me some frustration along the way. In my opinion, a freshly installed seat of Mastercam should have all defaults set for simplest and most forgiving operation. That may result in a new user cutting a lot of air or making way too many passes, but learning to make more agressive and effective programs seems like a much more sensible way to progress than learning by destroying tools and materials.

I suppose quite a few of the folks here have had to learn Mastercam the way I have. I'm in a small company. I manage some guys, quote parts, make schedules, set up a machine sometimes, help with problems here and there, talk to customers, oh and by the way I program parts too. Anyone else miss a detail or two when they complete a program after about 80 interruptions? Fortunately I have learned (on my own of course, who has time for formal training!?) to set up my tool libraries and operation defaults by machine so that things are usually set to avoid disaster when (not if) I forget something somewhere.

So yes, I think Mastercam X right out of the box can be dangerous for inexperienced users and while not fatally flawed, it can serve up a ton of hard lessons. I also think Mastercam is truly great after you really learn to use it well and have everything set up properly. I would very strongly recommend formal training if you can get it. Also this forum is a great place to learn. I've seldom posted but learned a ton from all the searches I've done. Most of all be sure to learn how to set up Mastercam to work for you, not against you.

nosserØv

quote:

Some small things, like having coolant always on unless specifically cancelled, having depth cuts on by default and having all checked operations post by default when told to post would have saved me some frustration along the way.

Everything you speak of is available to do by using your settings and editing your operation defaults. I have to say it is impossible to have what you deem is a good starting config, EVERYONE uses the software differently. Thta is what gets lost in many of these discussions, You want it one way, I want it another, someone elses needs something else. They can not give to all of us out of the box but they can make it so you can set it up that way, this is what CNC has done.

quote:

So yes, I think Mastercam X right out of the box can be dangerous for inexperienced users and while not fatally flawed,

Again NO it is not. These are user issues. You stated it yourself "no 'formal training, who has time"

Well when I turn on our machine I get a warning message stating the machine should only be run by qualified trained individuals.

Perhaps if MC is so "flawed" there should be a warning and maybe a test so someone who hasn't been trained won't hurrt themselves or someone else and then complain about flaws when the biggest flaw like Andy007 is a lack of training.

OUT!