Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

printing from Siemens 840d

Zoober

Any of you Siemens gurus out there?

We are probing using Siemens cycles, and wish to print directly to the LPT port or a COM port. We can send the info to a file and then print from a computer, but does anyone know how to directly access the com ports similar to Fanuc's DPRNT statement??

Thanks ahead of time

Too complex ,as far as I know .

I mean ,it is possible using command line ,but if you put a laptop near it or sent the file through network or RS-232 ,use simple batch file to automize it.

That`s what I `ll do .

I used 840 for many years ,and had admin password .

I prefered to copy and print from desktop computer .

From the other hand ,you can always add couple of blocks to your parametric program (kinda put results to buffer ,sent from buffer to lpt port ,etc .

Use the search in google for Siemence parametric programming manual in pdf format ).

I had once one ,was kinda very informative on this things ) .

If no go ,you can print on the printer through RS-232 interface .

MAke a search in google how to print from z modem

I can send programs, and I can print probe results to a file or files (you can't get files too big or too many or probing locks up mad.gif ). I want to print probe reports directly without sending as a file. Just print from program to LPT or COM straight to printer.

I just found out that Renishaw has a print option that includes some vb files that we can print ot rs232. Time to ditch Siemens' probe cycles!