Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas post w/ home position

chad fisher

Hello, we just got in a new V-F6 50 taper w/ the side mount tool changer, and tool change clearence

in some set-ups is a problem. I tried to use the tool change position in mastercam but it didnt work,

it seems that our post spits out a g28 that homes the machine. Does anyone have a post that does not use

the a axis and that maybe uses a g53 to give a user defined home position? If ya do please e-mail! Thanks

Chad,

I have a Haas VF-2 and I got a post from my mastercam resaler that eliminates the A axis posting but still homes the machine at every tool change (G28X0.Y0.). I have been modifing the program to eliminate the G28X0.Y0. after posting. Maybe some one out there can help in modifing this post. It is a standard mpfan.pst

Mike

Chad,

To eliminate the A value in the haas post, answer "no" to question #164.

If your looking to use the "home postion" toggle in the parameters page, you must set misc. interger #1 to read (1) for this to post out the G92 x,y,z values. But...........in doing so, as already said, you will have to modify the post to eliminate the posting of the G28 lines. Several ways to do this:

1. Use the block delete function and remove the pfbld from the G92 lines in the post. This way if for some reason you want to use G28, you can turn block delete off in the controller.

2. The other option is to knull it out completely if you are planning on using the home position key all the time. Knull by putting a # sign in front of the line you don't want to appear. You will need to add a line to the pretract post block if you are going to use the G92 line. (Shown below)

You should decide and make the changes to the following lines:

psof

pfbld, n, sgabsinc, *sg28ref, "Z0.", e

pfbld, n, *sg28ref, "X0.", "Y0.", e

pfbld, n, "G92", *xh, *yh, *zh, e

ptlchg #Tool change

pfbld, n, *sg28ref, "X0.", "Y0.", e

pfbld, n, "G92", *xh, *yh, *zh, e

pretract #End of tool path, toolchange

pbld, n, sgabsinc, sgcode, *sg28ref, "Z0.", scoolant, e

pbld, n, *sg28ref, "X0.", "Y0.", protretinc, e

(Add these lines if our not going to use the above G28 Z0 and X0, Y0 positions)

n, G92,*zh, scoolant, e

n, G92, *xh, *yh, e

Let me know if you need any help. If you run into problems, and you want, just mail me your current post you are using an I'll be glad to make the changes.

Good Luck!

Mike biggrin.gif