Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX LOCKING UP is this normal

terry5357

Yep, It happens so I hit Ctrl/Alt/Delete and task manager will show it's not responding so I close it from task man. & restart mastercam.

It happens with pro-e and esprit also.

I have 1GB of memory.

I don't have a solution as sometimes it just happens as the programs don't like certain things at times.

A lot of X lockups are caused by new users unfamiliar with the interface.

If you start a new function, and haven't properly ended the old one X can get stuck.

You can't finish the old function, can't start the new one and none of the keys work.

The bad part, was there no way to back out of the

problem.

X was bad for this, MR1 got better and MR2 is better still. Its been a long time since this has happened to me. That is partly because I have a better understanding of the interface, but also

because X-MR2 is better at letting you back out

when you open one function without closing another.

Terry,

I just had 2 lockups and it happened translating geometry. It seems associated with drafting dimensions banghead.gif

I was in 2D top view not 3D.

I deleted the drafting entities since I didn't need them and the problem went away.

It could be a setting I have have that's not correct.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? frown.gif

edmBosto,

Is this more frequent with Drafting entities than others? Do you have any issues with this occurring during Backplot or Verify? Does this happen with more than one file? Can you send a file to us here at SFA so we can try it out on another computer? With a little more information we can narrow this down and find a way to prevent it. Call us if you have questions. HTH cheers.gif