Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Point sorting

I was messing around with the point sorting function for a center drill toolpath but then decided that I want to select my points manually. Now when I select my points manually to be center drilled in a certain order mastercam keeps reverting back to the point sorting order. Can someone please tell me how to turn off point sorting once it has been turned on. Thank you and I hope you are all having a great day.

sometimes it can be but mostly because you have to understand the results of the button your pressing. try some experimenting and use the select first point feature and play with it till you get it. However, if you want to revert back you have to delete the operation in my experience to shake it loose. What about solid drill? It doesn't seem to behave as well as mr1 did. Is there something new I've overlooked? Is creating points independent of arcs an issue now?

Lou that is what I am talking about. I have to delete the operation and then restart mastercam if I want to revert back. When I select my drill points I normally just select the center of the arcs I want to drill and they are drilled in the exact order I select. Sometimes I use point sorting and select the arcs using window. If I am not happy with the results I get and want to turn off sorting the only way I can turn it off is to delete the operation then restart mastercam. I was looking for another way to turn it off. I am using V9.1. Thanks for the replies.