Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post edit to output #'S V9.1 mpmaster

Eric S.

Hi all

I have been spending the last few day sifting through the old topics about making a custom drill cycle for engraving. I have almost got it to output the way I need it too but I still have a couple of kinks to work out. I am running a HAAS and in the G47 line there needs to be a (####) to specify a 4 digit serial number. I can get the custom drill parameter to out put the number 4 okay but looks like I ran into a wall making it change the 4 into ####

I was thinking I could do something like:

if drl_prm1 = 1, #

if drl_prm1 = 2, ##

if drl_prm1 = 3, ###

if drl_prm1 = 4, ####

etc.

I have tried it a few different ways and nothing had worked...yet smile.gif

I am new at editing posts in this detail but so far I have learnt a lot (from trial and error banghead.gif ) any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Thanks for the response. I have tried that way as well and still nothing. I think I am putting the formula in the wrong place maybe? I have it here:

if drillcyc = 8

#Serial Number Engraving

if drl_prm = 1, 035

[

"(SERIAL NUMBER ENGRAVING)",e

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgc9, "P1", pxout, pyout, pfzout, *peck1, *peck2, *feed, "(", *drl_prm1, ")",e

pcom_movea

]

if drillcyc = 8

#Serial Number Engraving

if drl_prm = 1, 035

[

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgc9, "P1", pxout, pyout, pfzout, *peck1, *peck2, *feed, "(", *drl_prm1, ")",e

pcom_movea

]

should be;

if drillcyc = 8 #Serial Number Engraving

[

drl_prm1 = 035

pdrlcommonb

pcom_movea

]

or even;

if drillcyc = 8 #Serial Number Engraving

[

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgc9, "P1", pxout, pyout, pfzout, *peck1, *peck2, *feed, "(", 035, ")",e

pcom_movea

]

Allan

How about adding a postblock;

code:

if drillcyc = 8

#Serial Number Engraving

[

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgc9, "P1", pxout, pyout, pfzout, *peck1, *peck2, *feed, "(", p_drl_prm1 , ")",e

pcom_movea

]

code:

p_drl_prm1 # (# counter)

if drl_prm1 = 1, "35"

if drl_prm1 = 2, "35", "35"

if drl_prm1 = 3, "35", "35", "35"

if drl_prm1 = 4, "35", "35", "35", "35"

I didn't test this but it should be allright.

Tim

I tried your method but it didn't work. I did leave out the "'S because I thought that it would output "35" instead. the pound signs out putted would not match the coresponding number in the drill perameter 1

this is what I would get

1 = ########

2 = ######

3 = #########

4 = #####

5 = ######

I did check to be sure I had then properly in the table?

BUT

now that I am refreshed after the weeked smile.gif I see what you were doing Paul. I gave it a try and it WORKED!...sorry I didn't catch on earlier. I have a long way to go yet learning post editing but I an string to catch on. With a lot or trial and error and all your guy's help too. THANKS! cheers.gif