Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS

FISHING MAN

Hi all, How would you use the WCS on two different parts in two different vises.Not knowing where the second vise/part is located from the firstpart/vise.I would like to use g55,g56 But I am not sure how to set wcs for the second vise/part and be able to have it any where on the table and still post good code.I tried creating two parts and toolpaths,but I get a "X"DIM. and a "Y"DIM from the first part/vise in my code.Iam confused,And you probaly will be after reading this.

i'm looking for a short cut similar to this. i have a part on each pallet on a horz. machining four sides on each part.parts are sitting at different locations to the rotary center on each pallet. the way i see it the only way to program for two different offsets is to have tw sets of geo one for each part positioned as it is on each pallet.

Hey Fish,

Welcome to the forum. You could be told the same thing I was told, and that being to download the WCS Tutorial off the FTP site. Took a little thinking, but it's really straight forward and once you get it, you'll never look back.

Unfortunatly I cannot seem to remember where on the FTP it is (a little help here please!).

Anyways, if you need an easy example, just email me. Share the wealth and all...