Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SYSTEM DOWN !!!

Jimic

I have to re-install my MR2 this morning because the MR2 CRASHED after the Halloween night?

System: Mcax MR2 level 2, mill

Now I have to reset all my setting. My question is how do you all back up your setting so that such thing happened you could just move things around and have what you used to be.

What file or folders to backup? and where?

HAPPY the day after ....

Based on what ever your MCAM istalled folder name is,

MCAM/config

MCAM/cnc_machines

MCAM/mill/ops

MCAM/mill/posts

Obviously, if you use lathe/router or EDM, those sub-directories as well

But that will back up your configs, CD/MD, ops files and posts.

Saving a Z2G file with each machine in it will also save your settings as well

Steve,

I can't open Mastercam and when I look into folder some dir were gone. So the IT guys said, I f***** up and he kind of "repair" it but all my setting were gone.

Sad. What a howling night...

Now I am up and running but all those tooling and OP. were gone ..after all that bloody years ...no tear to cry .. I hope someone learn it from my mistake.

Sounds like your IT guy re-installed mastercam and wrote over your settings. This is why I save all of my configuration files with a new name. This way if the "default" files get over written, I still have my customized files. I also store these files in a different directory and on CD so I can recover from a total system failure.

You guys need to check out Mozy. YOu can sign up and backup 2Gig online for free. That way your files are safe offsite. I have a free account for my database/server PC and a $4.95 a month account for my laptop that gives me a 30 gig offsite backup online. Works slick until I add emails to the backup and that takes forever for some reason.