Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V8.1.1 - Associating Offset Numbers with Tool Numbers

Mick

Though the answer is porbably staring me in the face, where do I set the default, so that when defining tools, that the tool number is automatically used as the length and diameter offset number. That way, I first define the Tool number, length, diamter etc, and then when I click on the Parameter page, the length and diamter offset numbers are already set.

I was working, but we had to re-install Mastercam, and now it doesn't (And I can't remember how I did it)

Thanks

Mick

Well, it was automatically inputting the length offset and diameter offset on the tool parameter tab under tool definition. For example, on the tool definition page, if I typed in tool number 47, when I clicked the parameter tab, the length and diamter offsets were automatically set to 47.

Now, they just stay at zero. If, for some reason, I miss that tab, when I post, it outputs H0/D0, which certainly isn't what I want.

I cant find anywhere where it forces the Length and Diamter Offset to match the Tool number, yet it was doing it :/

You might try making your own tool Library with the TLO # and Tool # you want and defalt speeds and feeds, or Modify the Library that came with Mastercam. When you generate a tool path and right click in the Open white section of the tooling page and "Get tool from Library" ,pick a tool from the list, Modify it to your taste and save it to your own library, or just" Save to Library" and it will be there the next time you need it. One thing you must do is in the Job Set-up click on "Assign tool numbers from Library", Not "Assign tool seq"

On the job setup diolog box look For "Tool offset register" There you have the option of

"Add"

Calculates the tool's length offset and diameter offset by adding values to the tool number.

"Tool"

Uses the length offset and diameter offset numbers directly from the tool definition.

Along with two input fields

"Length"

Adds this value to the tool number to determine the tool's length offset.

"Diameter"

Adds this value to the tool number to determine the tool's diameter offset.

This is really straight forward & simple for me & when ever I move operations around in the operation manager I just renumber my tools as stated in my last post.

Kenneth Potter