Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

To those who are using 2 processors.

Jeff2005

So I have 3 gigs of memory it will use 50% of that which will be 1500MB. Correct?

biggrin.gif

I am sorry to sound a little ignorant this morning. You know when you sit and think about something, and you think and think, you actually are thinking to much.

thanks for the reply.

The RAM can be found in the MCAM settings >> config >> toolpaths

The affinity can be set by ALT +CTRL + DEL, right clicking on the process you want to set and setting the affinity for a processor there

If it is a true dual core processor or you have dual processors you might have decnt luck running it on an indivdual processor, if it is a hyperthreading processor that offers the option, you'll likely see a performance degradation running on a sigle processor.

I have a couple of questions. They may seem a bit "computer geekish" but I am curious how dual processors systems work.

1. When you set the affinity through task manager for a certain exe if you close the app you have to reset the affinity every time you open the app. Is there a way (maybe in sys registry) to make this affinity setting stick?

2. If you set the affinity of an app (Mastercam)to one specific processor, will other apps set to default cpu0 and cpu1 be blocked from using the processor that is being used specifically by Mastercam or will they follow the path of first available?

3. Say you have Mastercam set for cpu0 and vericut set for cpu1, all other apps set to default (0 and 1). Will the other apps use first available processor or will they error?