Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tnc 426 hied

mrmead

Positive backash: rotary encoder advanced relative to the table (traverse movement of the table is too short)

Negative backlash :rotary encoder retarded relative to the table (traverse movement of the table is too long)

For every direction reversal the TNC subtracts or adds the value from the machine parameter MP710.x to the value resulting from the encoder signals

MP710.0-8 Backlash compensation

Input: -1.0000 to +1.0000 (mm) or (degree)

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I check it with a .00005" Indicator. In the past I've used Masters. Measure the first location, zero your indicator, move by MDI programmed move, move back and measure that difference. That is your backlash. Also, when you're jogging by handle; is a .0001 move shown as a .0001 move, BOTH directions> It should be if you have you indicator set properly and if your machine is dialed in.

Be careful about using the indicator to judge whether the table moved .0001, as there can be sine error in the indicator if not set up right.

As the Miyano factory trained us, always judge backlash as the repeat positioning BACK TO ZERO from each change in direction move and back.

Also, be careful on using very small movements (under .010), as you have stick/slip involved, 'specially on older machines, and can show as backlash, when it does not exist on say a 1/2" move.

Also, many machines will have backlash adjustments at various positions of the table/head, and you may need to go back and forth, as one change may affect another.

Always verify after making changes. biggrin.gif

Also there is backlash paramaters for G00 and G01 moves so you need to always use either g00 or g01 in yor MDI program to obtain correct backlash settings. I set using a dial indicator likeJames machine a circle (dia 100) and do 3 dia 12 bored holes in a triangle 150mm apart. Then i get it checked on our CMM.