Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCam X MR1 not posting

Karl@CP PISTONS

Anybody know how to fix the problem of post not outputting any code. Post was working and proven in X.

After going to MR1 post does not work.

There is a question in the post and the dialog box for the question does not pop open. I tried to keep a log file can't find where it is being saved if it was even created.

Post dialog window says post completed sucessfully, then editor crashes because nc file does not exist.

anybody have this problem and know of the fix.

Karl

Karl,

Couple things to check for.

First, using windows exploer, check the NC folder and make sure the file really isn't there.

What is the File extenions? If you are NOT using the NC extension on your files but a different extension there are some other things to try, one being make sure the control definition is setup for the correct extension as well.

Second, the error log should be in the NC folder as well. Make sure you have the rror log settings correct in the Control definition.

Make sure you are using the correct MD, CD and PST file as well. i am assuming you wither used the miogration option upon installation of MR1 or moved the files yourself.

Hi Jim,

I posted the file to the desktop as well to it's correct directory and it really does not exist. We are using the standard .nc extension as well. The log file did not turn up on the desktop or the correct directory. I did a file search ( assuming a .log extension ) and no log file. All settings were migated corectly. This was a fresh install to a different directory, not an update.

Karl

make sure you have read write acccess tot he folder you are trying to post to

if you copied your config file into the new install, delete or move it from the config folder.

When you start X, a fresh default config file will be generated and correct any PATH errors

you may have.