Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Handbook Web Site

Charles Davis

For those who are interested, there is a new web site for the Mastercam Handbooks that has some information, samples, etc.

www.thesolacegroup.com

It's still under construction, but I hope to have all the kinks worked out soon.

I scoured the emastercam site and included some of your nice comments about the books. I hope those who I quote don't mind. If you do, just send me an email and I'll remove your comments.

Still trying to de-bug this. I have nice looking buttons on the Home page in Microsoft FrontPage 2003. But when I publish, I get plain text buttons. Any Web Guru's out there have an idea why?

If anyone has any ideas on how I can make this more useful, let me know. I'll probably add some more samples and may start posting revisions and downloads, once I get the hang of how to manage the site. You want it, ask and I'll try to deliver it.

I want to test if I can display a pic, so here is a nice shot of Zion National Park in S. Utah (hopefully!).

zion1.jpg

[ 01-06-2007, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

Hey man, I can help you out alot with that biggrin.gif Do you have MSN messenger or anything like that? Or populate IRC anywhere? Only thing I can really say that would make it better, without getting too complex, is using a include() function to keep the content on the main page! I can show you how to do that, or if you want, I could do it for free biggrin.gif

Using the include() would keep the navbar and everything the same, so it would make your life(and the users) life MUCH easier!

You in San Diego btw? I'm Santee.

Thanks for the input! I've got a lot of stuff working now. I'm still hacking at it. Frontpage 2003 makes this a lot easier than it used to be!

I think In-House Solutions will start presenting the handbook sales in $US soon. It's something I've wanted for a while, but evidently more complicated than I expected, since it's license to In-House (Canadian company) for distribution.

For Solidworks in SD, you may want to talk with GoEngineer in SD. I think Bill Campbell is still there.

---------------------------------

I still own SD CAD/CAM with my business partner, and am involved on an hourly basis every day. I just work from my home office in Louisville (instead of my home office in San Diego!). The Internet is an awesome thing! With IM, email, and unlimited cell phone usage, it's surpising how close SD and Lou are!

I do tech support, posts, business strategy, and work on the Handbooks.