Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

reseller with post that works

pei11

I have cnc colchester electronic triumph. The post

that I got from CNC Software in Tolland, CT does not

work right and them seem to not want to fix. This

was 4 months ago.

I got that they do not have time to do it or do not

want to do it.

Yes, I did go through a reseller and got nothing.

I would like to know any resseller that would have a post that would work.

Can you describe the machine? Is it a striaght 2-axis CNC lathe? I used MPLFAN for the basis of my Fanuc-control lathe posts and it was a solid starting point; which post did you get? I am still on V9.1SP2 so my help is less useful these days; can you post a couple of tools worth of "correct" code?

I did get a help from Mastercam about the post problems. It seems that the educatioal department was doing it , not the post department. They told me that a post that works right will be on the way.

As for using generic post, I did not know where to

change what i wanted to change. Also this lathe has

different G codes than standard lathe. smile.gif

quote:

We're in the midst of a lot of transition here right now so I'm working the more survival-dependent projects and leaving the "learn X" project for a little ways down the road.

Kinda thought that. A lot of people don't have the time to transition over. It is a huge learning curve.

The last time I spoke with Mr. Irving before the winter break it was my understanding that his post processor created clean G-code including most of his canned cycles. He wants to incorporate the canned facing cycle of his machine tool.

This is not the fault of his reseller. If any blame should be laid on anyone it should be me as I have not gotten a modification to him since I have returned from my vacation.

It is my understanding that someone in the post department is working on a modification to utilize the canned roughing operation for his canned facing cycle.

My apologies to Mr. Irving for the delay.

Sincerly,

Will Slota

Educational Applications Engineer

CNC Software, Inc.