Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Radius slowing down

chinnbob

This is not exactly a Mastercam question but I thought someone might be able to help. We have 2 LeBlond Makino VMC's with Fanuc O-M controllers. They both are set to decelerate in internal corners. I know this is a parameter that can be turned off but don't know which one. Anyone with any help? confused.gif

I don't have a Fanuc controller, but I was just reading the manual to my anilam last night and I know that it will accelerate on external corners and decelerate on internal corners only with tool compensation turned on at the controler. I don't know if this will help but it was fresh in my memory and might point you in the right direction?

Noooooooo....... I actualy took the book home with me biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Been using the thing for three years and decided since nobody else knew anything about it around here except how to press start and the OH $#!& button maybe I should learn.

[ 02-28-2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

On the OM control, it is indeed in the parameters of the control. You'll have to look for yourself, which you should find educational. There are numerous neat features that can be accessed through the parameters that most CNC operators don't know exist. For example, the OM comes with a built in macro for milling rectangular pockets! You can also change you communication speed (downloads) from the default values (usually 2400 or 9600 ) for faster downloads. I encourage all CNC operators to read each parameter and learn your machine.

I have a fanuc 0-m control on my machine. One thing I have failed to find, is a list of all the parameters and what they do. I have found the occasional one sifting through the manual, but I never seem to be able to put my hands on a master list! I guess a call to the dealer might be a good place to start!

Zero,

You said "it will accelerate on external corners and decelerate on internal corners only with tool compensation turned on at the controler." Knowing that you have the same 3300Mk as I do, it seems that I had better read the manual as well. Isn't that the "continuous path" setting which smooths out the sharp moves with a decel? It seems to work with tool comp turned off at the control as well.

Also have you figured out where the "Any" key is when you get the message "press any key to continue"? biggrin.gif

Phil

Matthew,

If you ever find this "master list" Fanuc will hunt you down and kill you. Some of these parameters are as guarded as Fort Knox, and Fort Knox they are. Here is what I am talking about. Fanuc controllers are like Pizzas, each topping will cost you $$$. If you want g68 rotation it's extra, you want the ability to copy O0001 to O0002 well that's also extra. The funny thing is these controllers all ready have all this stuff built into them, but you have to pay to get the parameter changed and they will not tell you how to do it yourself, they will come do it for you. Example : When we bought our last machine it came with a Fanuc 180i controller. We were told it had 80M of memory when we ordered it and we could not ever imagine using all that memory. Well shortly after we got it I could not get it to load a 75k program. It turns out that 80M does not mean 80 megabytes. No, 80M means 80 meters of memory. That is a leftover from the days of punching tapes. 1 meter of memory = the amount of infromation you could get on 1 meter of punched tape. So what we actually had was 32k of memory. We felt that this was a misrepresentation of the product to us, so after some negotating with the machine dealer he agreed to update our memory to 500k for half price. A fanuc tech came in and changed a couple of parameters and bang we now had 500k of memory. He did it so fast and flipped through so many pages on the control that no one watching him could have picked up every thing he did. Too bad we didn't have a survailance camera above the control. He did this in less than 3 min, I can't remember the exact cost but I think it was $1200 at half price. I asked him if Fanuc worried that someone might get a copy for all the parameters and try to make a little money on the side, and he said that no one tech new them all, and that each time they went to turn on or upgrade a function you had to change certain parameters in certain orders and that infromation was only passed on to them as needed to complete a work order. If the tech did not have a specific work order they would not give him parameter infromation.

Don't nobody get upset at me now, because I am a big Fanuc fan, almost as big as I am a Mastercam fan. But I hate that you have to pay extra for every little option you want on you control. Allen Bradley makes a heck of a control and when you buy it you get everything, no strings attached.

Good luck my friend on that master list of Fanuc parameters and when you get it be sure to slide me a copy.

--

Buzz

A few months after I bought the machine, the service guy came in with a guy from the machine builder in china. They checked a few things out, updated the some chips in the panel, and he told me he gave me a free option. Usually when you're entering commands in edit or MDI, and you might have T19, but you want T18, you need to CAN and retype T18. He changed it so pressing CAN deletes the last character (like backspace on the computer). He called it a "freebie". A few months later, skimming through the fanuc manual for something else, I came across a statement telling you to change a certain parameter to allow you to backspace instead of deleting the entire line. Some freebie!

Oh well... I'll keep looking for that list!