Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Scan Geometry for Lathe Tools

Ryeker

After making a tool in Lathe Version 8 I notice that the tool geometry is out a little. I still get a correct part program but during the backplot it looks kinda strange... How do you scan tool geometry, When I view Lathe Tool Geometry my little circles are not on the insert corners...! So how do you rescan tool geometry...?

From the Lathge Tools Parameters page

click Tool Clearance then Scan Tool Geometry.

Be careful with this and review the resulting code to be sure it is correct.

I scrapped a part Friday with this.

I was using a custom full radius gooving cutter.

By mistake I selected a left hand tool holder.

My plunge and feed directions were defined correctly and the tool paths backplot correctly.

The resulting gcode was posted from the wrong side of the tool.

When I redefine the holder right handed, the code was correct.

Hey Guys,

I have tried what Gcode mentioned but on that page you can see that the circles are lining up with the tool holder and NOT the insert... As I have said before the part program is correct however the stock does not look correct after back plotting.

If I zoom in whilst back plot is running I see a tool path issue... hmm I have done a plot screen dump and pasted it into word... Can I upload it somewhere is this forum so you can see what the problem is...? A drawing is worth a thousand words right....???

• 2 weeks later...