Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I set up different zero points for the same part but has 2 setups?

Jeff2005

When I setup the same part that has 2 setups I want to be able to use the same file but only move a copy of the part to a different location on the screen and be able to use 2 different planes. I know how it should work but X2 is not cooperating. I set it to use 2 different groups whether it be machine group or tool group it still doesn't work the way I think it should work without changing the work offset. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Please help.

banghead.gif

thanks,

Jeff

If you are setting multiple work offsets in the same plane, Top for example, you need to have two different planes, each with it's own offset.

Here is how I do it:

I open the WCS View manager, select the system Top view, and press the "copy" button on the left side of the dialog box. This will create a new copy of the top view. Then I rename this view to my first work offset so it would look like this

G54 - Top

Then I select the system Top view again, copy that view and rename it to

G55 - Top

Then in my view list I select the new G54 - Top view, activate the "Enable origin" button and then press the arrow button (select a new origin for the selected view) and click on my new origin.

I do the same process for the G55 - Top plane as well. This gives you two T/Cplanes, each with a different origin.

I also enable the "work offset" check box and enter 0 for G54, and 1 for G55 (this is post dependant).

HTH,