Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What are you posting your Heidenhain programs with?

daryl_y

4 moonths ago my company bought a Hermle C40 along with a seat of Camplete. Although I think Camplete is a good product for machine verification, I am not very happy with the posting aspect of it. Camplete post are easy to create and edit yourself but they are still pretty generic and programs require to much hand editing for my taste. Plus they don't generate a toollist. I think it is time we started looking into getting a true Heidinhain post just wondering what every one else is posting out their Heidenhain programs with.

daryl_y,

Unless you like doing modifications to your post, it is well worth the money to get one done by In-House solutions. It is quick, it will post the code EXACTLY as you want it, and changes become very easy in the future should you desire it. Heidenhain posts require some unique formatting, but once it is done you will love getting clean code. We had a nice 3 axis Hermle at a company I worked for a while back. We got a custom Heidi post from our reseller.

HTH,

daryl_y,

The heidenhain post we had our reseller request from In house works great. We did some tweaking here to get each post to work correcly with each machine we have. The posts were fairly easy to dial in to each machine. We just tackled one object at a time in them. No hand editing programs at all, just post and run.

We had a custom 5ax post made for us by Brett Thomas at In-house for our dmg-100u, itnc530 control, he does a great job, it'll post out the toolist at the top of the code,

we just have a few slight mods to get it perfect right out of mcam, (mostly for the operators)

jm2c