Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CatiaV4 translator trouble

gibbs machine corp

Guys, I need help faster than my mastercam provider can supply me with. On feb. 15 I called him and ordered a cat4 translator from him. He didn't get me the temporary codes until this morning after he promised them Fri at the lastest. When I got them this morning after calling him to check on their status(he forgot to order them). I followed his instruction on how to install the new codes. They don't work. Here's what his instruction are: "Attached is your Catia code. You can copy and past the number in when prompted or save the file as a .acc in the root directory of Mastercam." I opened the attached file, found the new access code, copied it. Opened MX2, changed the file type to read a .model file and tried to open the first cat4 file. When it asked for the new access code, I pasted in the code (several numbers, we,ve all seen them). Then it gives a message that says the codes have not been installed and I need to contact my reseller. He told me I did it wrong, I need to save the attached file into my MX2 directory and rename it catv4.acc. That didn't work either. So he sent the codes again. I followed his instructions to the letter..didn't work!! I have done this 3 times over the course of 2 hours, I have been waiting for him to get back to me..my patience is gone. Meanwhile back at the farm!! I have a new customer that has been waiting for me to quote him work for 3 days now. firebounce.gif My boss says I can't post the files on this site for fear of losing the work. Does anyone know if the way I described installing the new codes is right? curse.gif

gibbs,

It sounds like your doing it right. If the .ACC file does not exist or contains an invalid number, then we prompt you. We then save the number that you typed in as CatV4.Acc.

But that's all true only if you're working on a regular 'local' HASP. If you're working with a NetHASP, then the access code would be on a new temp NetHASP code. Are you working on a NetHASP?

If you want to email me ([email protected]), we can take this offline and I'll see what I can do about it from this end.

If you can, email me the actual file you were sent (or just the number if you don't have the attachment he sent) and your SIM # (so that I can make sure it was really programmed for that SIM #) I should be able to help.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Edited....

"Never mind"