Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VPN

Wyatt

So a while back I had asked if there was a way to only open MCX from home using my hasp at work. Well, the IT guy finally set up the VPN, but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to route the hasp to my home computer. I tried opening the VPN, then running the nethasp like at work, but I'm getting nothing.

So the question is to any of you that use this function, how do I set up my computers to shake hands?

I use VPN to access ProE and Vericut licenses from home. After I log on to the VPN I still have to connect to the server that the licenses are on. I have also had issues with Norton thinking that when ProE was looking for a license that it was a worm, Norton would block ProE from getting a license.

A VPN usually adds your machine as a seperate routed segment to the LAN. The end of the tunnel is behind the firewall, but it's not in the same broadcast domain as the rest of the LAN, so you aren't using up the limited VPN bandwidth with (generally) pointless traffic. Unfortunatly, the NetHASP license manager does all it's work via broadcast by default.

To make this connection work, you need to edit your NETHASP.INI file to point to the license server. The section you are looking for looks like this:

code:

[NH_TCPIP]

;

; NetHASP does not support TCP/IP under DOS.

;

;

; Section-specific Keywords for the TCP/IP protocol.

;

;;NH_SERVER_ADDR = <Addr1>, <Addr2> ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP

; License Managers you want to search.

; Unlimited addresses are possible.

;

; Possible address format examples:

; IP address: 192.114.176.65

; Local Hostname: ftp.aladdin.co.il

remove the ;; in front to the NH_SERVER_ADDR = section and replace , with the name or IP address of the license server. i.e.

code:

[NH_TCPIP]

;

; NetHASP does not support TCP/IP under DOS.

;

;

; Section-specific Keywords for the TCP/IP protocol.

;

NH_SERVER_ADDR = 10.20.10.20 ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP

; License Managers you want to search.

; Unlimited addresses are possible.

;

; Possible address format examples:

; IP address: 192.114.176.65

; Local Hostname: ftp.aladdin.co.il

e-mail me if you have questions. I've actually got two different NetHASP programs running this way (MasterCAM and Chief Architect).

• 8 months later...

:bump:

After dern near a year, finally upgraded to X2, and tried the above method. Either I don't have the right IP ( I entered 3 of them, all with commas in between ), or I need to put in more information. The IT guy thinks I need a 'port number', which is on the nethasp config settings. Is there some default port number for mastercam?