Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

threadmilling help

jmayo

• 3 years later...

They don't take long to make. I usually use Carmex threadmills. You can order one and all you need is the tread mill ( to measure step diameter), the Carmex page, and some thread data from the Machinery Handbook. You can make one in, probably 20-30 minutes the first time. After you get used to it, it goes pretty quick.

Just make sure you have the tool defined correctly and pointing to the right file, so your geometry is correct. If you take the time to do it right, it will pay-off with accurate backplot and verify toolpaths.

+1000 for Carmex

I have had excellent results with them cutting a wide variety of materials to some rediculous depths.

I am looking for a threadmill library for Mastercam x5. Please let me know if there is one available.

There isn't one that I know of. Carmex has a great online catalog and utility that gives you all the specs for thier tools. Just use a flat endmill with the diameter of your threadmill. If you are worried about the way it "looks" in backplot or verify, you can make a special tool. I haven't bothered taking the time yet to do it myself.

What kind of material are you wanting to threadmill?