Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mpmaster Rotary Output

Post dept

All,

We've had quite the debate over the past while as to how users wish to approach the parts.

We've always had it as

CXY S_M03

Z

but were asked by several users to change to

C

XY S_M03

Z

now we're being asked to change it back!

Having several approach options is possible but we'd like to avoid making a mess of the post.

Your feedback would really help us out.

Brett

I like the 1st choice 99% of the time and just put a Mi in the post for the other opition if I want it. Right now I have modified MPMASTER to not do the Pstop and not to use G91G28Z0 when doing 4th axis toolpaths. Just come down to what you are comfortable with and think the 2nd opition works for the majoirty of people.

Both options are valid.

There are a many HMC's that require the rotary motion to be a single line of code.

Whether it is placed before or after the first motion block is usually optional.

I'm personally OK with X Y Z and rotary all in the same initial motion block, but it can be very dangerous if you're not paying attention.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A switch would be nice. Personally #1 is what I go with 99% of the time. Most fanuc controls will acept multiple M-Codes with a parameter change so XYZC Spindle and Coolant on is always an option with unlock before and lock after if necesary.