Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PROBLEMS SAVING IGES.

Flab_dk

I have a problem with iges files.I am making iges files too a measure machine.

In the old mc x no problems, I save that there is on the screen and it comes in the iges file. Nothing from levels turn off.But in mc x2 comes the whole file with. The levels turn off come in the new file blanked.

The measure machine can not use other files.

Flab,

I would like to welcome you to the forum. cheers.gif

If you have the level open you need as an IGES do this:

File, save, IGES. You can then enter a comment if you wish.

When I just did this the level manager listed entities on levels I had in the MCX file. But they didn't show up when I enabled all levels visible. The only entities that I had were from the view I made the IGES from.

This is how it worked for me.

If you want no hidden entities on the levels that were turned off try saving the levels you wish to use to another mcx file then do file save, IGES.

Not file save as.

HTH

IF you go File, save as Iges it will come up blank. (at least for me)

Here's what's up with IGES export...

First of all, there was a bug in X2 where sometimes NOTHING gets written to your IGES file. This has been corrected in Service Pack 1 of X2 (and in the upcoming X2 MR1).

Second, there was a change in X2 regarding writing IGES files. In the past we wrote only the visible entities, but that is not how File/Save is supposed to work (regardless of the file type). So in X2 it saves everything and it will mark as blanked every that's not visible.

Third, In X2 MR2 (a couple months away) you will be able to use File/SaveSome on every type that we export. That means that if you want to write out only some of your part to IGES, use File/SaveSome and select those entities.

Fourth, in the meanwhile, to save only certain entities out to IGES, you probably DO have to go through the extra step of doing a File/SaveSome as an MCX file and then opening that file and saving it as IGES.

Fifth, we apologize for any problems this has caused.

• 4 years later...

the save some function will save as an iges as long as you window what you want to save as an iges file. if it is a solid model you will have to create edge curves on the solid. i do this every day for our QC department for them to program the CMMs for first pc and inprocess inspections