Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT. Rotary Table

jmm0422

Have a quick question for you guys. I have a Bridgeport Mill that I will have the head rotated at 45°.(spindle at 45° to table not perpendicular to the table) I will have the rotary table up on the table of the mill with the platter facing the operator facing parallel to the “X” axis. How do I find center of the rotary table?

Jason

Tooling ball I think would be the easiest, but either way you will probably need somthing mounted to the table that you know is on center or will spin about center so that you can pick up on. Without a point of reference, it's going to be tough without actually making a cut, and then checking the cut.

I had this problem once .

Easily solved ,though

on plane perpendicular to axes rotATION DRILLAND BORE TWO HOLES FOR PINS 10 MM ON DISTANCE 100 MM FOR EXAMPLE

Now index it on zero angle and find one pin center

set in on some angle ,find the increment distance in

two axes

set on the different angle and find it once more

Now you can find your center like in radiolocation with triangulation

You can do it with one pin too .

Two pins better if your part is bigger than the table

If I understand you correctly (the rotary table is flipped up on 90 degrees)on most tables you can put a plug in rotary table center hole (may need matching taper on plug) and tram pin or pick up with an edge finder. If table is bolted down flat I would use a tooling ball and tram it with dial indicator.