Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edit operations library

gms1

In version 9 I used to be able to edit the toolpath operation libraries I made through Define Operations.

Where is this function in version X? I added some toolpaths and geometry to an operation library I made and I want to remove them. How do I do this in X??

Running version X MR1 10.1.3.34

Terry: Not the operation defaults. Its randomtoolpaths.operations. I want to edit an operation library I made so when Im doing families of parts I just import toolpaths from this toolpath library.

John: The only thing it lets me edit are the xxx.defaults. This operation library is something I created seperate from the defaults.

OPen it up using X, navigate to the folder where it's at, and choose to open all file types, you'll see your file, open it make the changes and save it as the operations file again using svae as

quote:

looks like this is possible from the Files tab under your machine group.

+1

Click the "!" next to the ops library and make your edits. Exiting will automatically save the change. I edit my tool library this way also.

Thad

Hi Guys,

Bryan and Thad are correct (as usual). There's a very good procedure in the Help. The topic is titled "Editing an operations library."

There's a bunch of other stuff in the Help that covers operations libraries. Use the "Search" tab in the help and type in something like "editing toolpath libraries" and hit Enter to get a long list of topics full of info.

Karen Graf

Senior Technical Writer

CNC Software, Inc.