Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solid deviation

rickcact1

I created a simple solid extrude out of a circle. when I dynamically analyzed the solid, at the level of the arc it was created with, it says the diameter is .04 larger than that arc. I have been using solids for a few years now, and just noticed this. We still have 9 installed, and it does the same thing. I created an edge curve at that level, and analyzed that curve, and it is the same size as the arc, that I used to create the solid. Is there a setting I may have wrong, or is it an error in the way Mastercam analyzes dynamically?

I would check your number of decimal places in analyze in Settings-Config. I don't recall what page it's on. We changed ours to 4 places and some months later ran into a similar situation. While creating some geometry based on analyzed values of other entities, things weren't coming out right. Entities that should've intersected didn't. There was some rounding error that was throwing us off. It took us a while but we finally figured it out. We set the decimal places back to 5 and everything worked after that. redface.gif

This is not a demo seat, is it? Demo will give you rounded numbers as part of its limitations.

Thad

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been by the computer for a few days.

I also appologize for the low post number. I do spend my share of time here, but am unable to come up with any answers to questions people have.

Thad, its not a demo version. Its X2 sp1. I'll try to peck around with the "number of decimal places in analyze in Settings-Config".

Laszlok, The cone does appear to sit exactly on the arc, it was created with.

Crazy, I'm going to try what you suggested, and see what happens.

I ended up using a fellow employee's program to do the job, but still want to find out why this happens

rick,

That's due to your putting draft on it and how we're computing the curvature. If there were no draft, it'd be right on, but adding draft will cause it to change. We're measuring the curvature perpendicular to the solid wall, and since that's now kicked in or out, the result is not the same as what it would be in the no-draft case.