Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mirrored part, chains goofy

Jaz

I mirrored a part today and discovered something goofy. I'm used to going in and rechaining or reversing all the chained geometry to get cutters on the right side and all that - no big deal, same ole same ole. Except that now MC seems to be already reversing the chain if it is an arc! If the 1st entity is an arc MC tries (?) to reverse the chain but ends up reversing and chaining just that first arc, loosing the rest of the chain. If the chain is a line or starts with a line MC leaves it just like it did before. This is a total pain because now I have to pay attention to each chain individually in a toolpath instead of just being able to go through and reverse each one or change side or whatever. I didn't like the old way a whole lot but at least it was consistant. Has anyone else noticed this? Have I missed some new feature?

yes have been losing partial chains on mirror myself. contacted qc and they said it is fixed on mr1.

by chance do you have co-incidental geometry on another layer?

that seemed to be the commonality when i had this problem the most.

doug

We do alot of Parts with Mirror Images. Always a pain in the rear to mirror image a part. I been playing around with mirror images parts and developed a much easier and cleaner way to do one.

1st)Take model and mirror image it to another level.

2nd)Create another level and call Mirror image Toolpaths.

3rd)Turn off all levels except the new one created.

4th)Under Toolpath>Transform>Mirror Image> Select Create New Geometry and Toolpath

Also under 2nd Tab select Y Axis.

Do It.

5th)Very Important

Under Screen>Move all enties to the new level.

Any contours with lead in with extensions you'll need to reverse.

Very Easy and Yet had no Mistakes.

Bill