Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Question - Retracts

I am new to post editing and need some help with a repositioning issue. After each pass the tool retracts but then feeds to position for the next pass. I would like for this to be a rapid move. I have been reading the post modification info out there but am a little overwhelmed.

Where would I change this and what would be the proper entry.

Thanks

Well then you need ot debug the code and back tract the post from there to look for the section of the post that gives you the output you are seeing. If you d onto know how I will explain. Set the Control Definition/Nc Output check the enable post file debug. Then in the post you need to change this line of code to give you the long code to see everything the post is doing.

code:

bug2$        : 46    #Append postline labels, non-zero is column position?   

If you put -30 in for the vaule it will give you the the whole code posted out not shortened like a 30 or 46 will do.

Now when you think you have tracked it down trying changing things, but do them one at a time so you can see the results. Sometimes you have to change bewtween the +/- on the debug 2 to see the results easier and I post to 2 files and then compare from there to see what I am getting for the changes in the posted code. You get stuck post up what you are getting and where you are at and we will see if we can help you.

Also if you want to understand post Jimmy offers Classes at Barefoot and is very good with posts.

HTH