Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with new patch

Die Sinker

I have a problem with the new patch as well... or at least I just noticed it after loading the new patch...

When loading up a file with existing toolpaths, it puts red X's on some of my toolpaths. (I dont remember seeing these red X's before the patch) These were "merged NCI" toolpaths and transformed toolpaths that were linked to the "merged NCI" toolpaths. So I deleted them, merged them again, transformed them, and all looks good. I turn posting off for the merged files. Now I save and exit, When I come back in, I get and error loading the binary NCI, here is the warning that I get...

quote:

C:JOBSXXX633-XXXCAD633CORE.MC9 2 errors total

error #1: OpMgr #5, id #31: Contour (2D) - REPAIRED NCI - instructions insert, rough pocket

Bad start of section

error #2: OpMgr #19, id #60: Merged NCI - C:JOBSXXX585-XXXNCICORE-STEEL-COPPER5853001.NCI

Bad end of section

Now I have red X's on almost all of my toolpaths. mad.gif

Any ideas?

I tried some toolpaths today on another project and all seemed to work OK. Yesterday after the system crashed, I brought up my AUTOSAVE file and all my NCI files were 0K. In other words, V9 seems to be a bit "twitchy". But I will continue using V9 to work the bugs out, because I really like the enhancements.

Gary Armitstead

Santa Fe Enterprises

El Monte, CA

Hi Jay- I was planning to attend, but I had a die I just had to complete. With the industry in a very slow state, we have to please the customer with fast delivery dates. But, Mastercam is the software keeping us in business!

Gary Armitstead

Santa Fe Enterprises

El Monte, CA