Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

undo enhancement request

beej

I wish undo worked with solid models better.

I know you can change things in the modeling tree. But it's aggravating when you hit undo and all of a sudden your solids are in need of regenerating because undo just undid a line or a fillet in an extrusion.

if it won't undo a feature in a solid model(which seems silly to me) it shouldn't undo geo used to generate a solid model either.

JM2C

there might be something obvious that I'm forgetting but right off the top of my head, I can't remember a single enhancement to solids since 2003 when I got back into Mastercam.

Does anyone know of ANY developments on that front?

It's handling complex fillets better, and they've added face fillet. There's also the ability to load a Solidworks file with it's feature history intact.

I miss being able to "redefine" wireframe entities with the analyze tool so as to avoid having to re-chain before regenning the solid. Toolpaths seem to mostly rechain themselves on regen.

quote:

there might be something obvious that I'm forgetting but right off the top of my head, I can't remember a single enhancement to solids since 2003 when I got back into Mastercam.

Does anyone know of ANY developments on that front?

I heard that in a survey a while back, many of us (myself included) selected solids as the thing we would most like to see enhanced.

It would be interesting to hear from a CNC Software person about what type of things may be enhanced.