Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Newbie Questoin

Bill O'Connell

I am just learning MasterCam, going through the MasterCam Beginner Training Tutorial Book. I was setting Contour parameters for a tool and I clicked on the Depth button. The window minimized (showing Contour (2D)) and I couldn't seem to get it to maximize again. If I clicked on it, it just beeped. If I click on save, it beeps. This happened before and I had to go into task manager and abort the program. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bill,

many boxes on the toolpath pages will minimise

the toolpath page and return you to the graphics area. This is so you can select a point or enity to define the desired value.

Also try right clicking in one of the fields,

You will get a menu giving you a multitude of choices for data retrival.

+1 Gcode

Bill,

Mastercam has many functions that include a "select" function like Gcode said that allows you to go to the graphics window and select an X,Y,Z point from a piece of geometry. You can select any autocursor point, or my favorite, pick any "point" directly off the solid with no wireframe.

The other button that activates the "select" function looks like a cursor. You will notice this style of button on the stock setup page in Machine Group Properties.

One of the things that happens when you activate the "select" function is the screen prompt will activate and say something like "select a point".

When you are in Select mode you can pan, rotate, and zoom on your geometry to make it easier to get the point you want.

One of the other nice things you can do is set your depth to "Incremental" and then set a positive or negative value like (-.05). Then your cutter will be .05 below your chain of geometry at that geometry's Z depth.

HTH,