Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vs 9 "file get" issue

peon

We still have a few seats of VS.9 that a few of the guys are using. I'll give an example regarding our minor issue. The programmer will bring in an MC9 file, program a few toolpaths and save it. He will "file get" the file again, make some changes and when he hits the file - save icon (or text in vs9), the correct directory automatically pops up in the screen. No problem here at all. ALTHOUGH.... If the programmer happens to post a toolpath, and then saves the MC9 file again, the DEFAULT directory (as stated in the config file) pops up on the screen, rather than the correct directory. This ONLY happens if a program is posted. Any ideas?

I dont know if this will help or not, but I was creating folders in the network for ex. MC7 FILES, MC8 FILES,MC9 FILES and well thats as far as I am.

as I changed versions I would use the next folder as a default. well now if I go and get a version 8 file, then save it kicks me back to what the default folder was back then. Another words.. get a version 8 file from MC8 Folder, then save.. it wants to save it in the same MC8 FOLDER even though I am currently wanting to save it in MC9.

long story short... I moved all the files to 1 folder and all works well.

Our filing system is setup as follows:

S:CustomersInnovation

"Innovation" is a folder representing the customer name. The four digit numbers are subfolders representing the job number of that customer. I have the MC9 data path setup as "S:". The programmer saves and retrieves his MC9 file from one of the "job number" folders. Eg: If he saves his file to the 6121 folder and saves it again after making some changes, the file-save window automatically pops up with the 6121 folder as open. But, if he posts a toolpath, then saves the file, the file-save window reverts back to "S:". We want the file-save window to automatically pop up with the 6121 folder opened. This particular workstation used to work that way, but after some messing around with the computer, it no longer does that.