Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

arc calculation error OKUMA

CDL2042

Our OKUMA vertical mill has been giving an error message when we try to use cutter comp. Sometimes this can be fixed by changing the size of the lead in/out. Sometimes we can't get it to work at all.

I have been using perpendicular entry/exit. The post uses R instead of I,J,K.

There are some older threads on this site that suggest switching to I,J,K format. If that is the solution, how would I do that?

Are you using Wear ["perfect" tool dia has a zero offset] or Control [offset is the tool radius] comp? If you're using control comp remember that you'll need a lead-in line more than 1/2 of the cutter dia.

If you are using Wear, I've experienced odd comp alarms in my Okumas with the U10M that could be eliminated by altering the comp value a few tenths one way or the other; the machine would gag with -.003 but be OK with -.0035. I eliminated most of my errors [for some reason] by changing to Reverse Wear [been running Reverse Wear for about 4 or 5 years now] and dealing with positive values instead of negatives all of the time.

C

I am using wear.

I will try switching the arc output first, if that doesn't work, then I will try the reverse wear. Thanks to both of you!

BTW Kannon, I wish I was still using 9.1!!!

One year after switching to X, and numerous side by side and overwrite installs later, I really don't know what I gained by switching to X.

Hi,Experience

First , long time ago i found kind of math problem in okuma if you using negative value of offset .I just followed numbers (positions) in single block mode. You can avoid this problem if you using tang. line setup in lead in , lead out enter/exit .

regards