Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot change defaults

I mean the defaults like ramp angle, absolute instead of incremental etc. I have always just opened up the router_inch.defaults file and made the changes to the tool paths I use and did a save as and manually named it back to router_inch.defaults. When I try to do this in X2 it tells me export failed. I am getting tired of having to reset my toolpath settings every job.

Tommy,

If you access the defaults file through the machine group properties (click the "!" next to it), there is no save button. After making your changes, just close it and the new .defaults file will be saved. Check the time and date of the file to confirm this.

EDIT: On second thought, I may have this confused with the tool and ops library. Give it a shot and see if it works.

If you're opening the .defaults file like a MC file and making your edits there....another option would be to save it as tommy.MCX Then close MC and go into Windows Explorer and rename the files. Keep the original just in case. wink.gif

Thad